Lawn Maintenance in Georgia has the same requirements as any other area in the world.
Lawn Care around the world is basically the same depending on the type of turf grasses growing. The two (2) main types of grasses include Cool Season and Warm Season grasses.
Cool Season grasses include grasses such as Rye grass, the different Fescue grasses like Tall Fescue, and Kentucky Blue Grass. All these grasses are grown from seed into a single stem plant. Cool season turf is grown from seed by turf suppliers and growers, and can be installed as turf rolls. If the turf has suffered any damage or thinning out, the lawn area can be over sown with the same grass seed to increase density of the turf grass. It is important to understand the germination characteristics of different seed varieties and when is the best time to spread the seed for best seed germination results in Georgia .
These grasses (including Kikuyu, Couch/Bermuda, Zoysia, Seashore Paspalum and Durban) with both stolons and rhizomes are characterized by their robust nature and rate of recovery in Springtime. In particular, Kikuyu and Couch grasses are used widely in sports field situations, and as such can be mowed quite short depending on the turf grass’s use.
How to Improve a Clay Soil Lawn
HOLMDEL, N.J. -- Summer lawns take a beating, with scorching temperatures and outdoor games causing bare patches and brown spots, and fall is the optimal time to get it back in shape so it can be enjoyed for another season.
According an EPA national home and garden survey, homeowners spend about $40 billion to improve damaged lawns and maintain a lush appearance. Lawn Doctor, the nation's leading expert in lawn care since 1967, says homeowners can enjoy a healthier fall lawn and lay the groundwork for next summer's lawn by following a few simple steps now to save money, time and energy in the spring.
* Fertilize - This critical step feeds your lawn and helps it grow. Fertilizing also allows your lawn to store as much food as possible before going dormant for the winter. A properly fed lawn will recover more easily the following spring.
* Seed - To fill in a thin lawn or bare spots, add seed. Use a professional power seeding service for faster results and spend your personal time enjoying the cooler temperatures.
* Aerate - Aeration allows your lawn to increase its uptake of nutrients and oxygen. This is essential to revive your lawn after common summer stresses such as high temperatures and lack of moisture. Aerating also combats compaction that may have occurred from all that summer foot traffic.
* Apply grub control and check for pests - Treating for pests now is essential because they can cause damage all winter long that you won't notice until spring.
* Remove leaves at least once a week - Raking or blowing your lawn clean is vital because leaves block sunlight. A leaf-free lawn can store more food for its winter dormancy, resulting in a healthier lawn in the spring.
Fall is also a good time to pay attention to trees, shrubs and lawn equipment.
* Winterize trees and shrubs - Before temperatures drop, protect your evergreens from moisture loss by treating them with anti-desiccant material.
* Winterize your lawn mower - To store your mower safely and guarantee that it will be ready to go in the spring, winterize it. The end of mowing season is a great time to address routine maintenance and repairs.
"Lawn maintenance is easier, cheaper and more effective than repair," said Scott Frith, Lawn Doctor's Vice President of Marketing and Franchise Development. "Homeowners will thank themselves in the spring for taking these steps now."
About Lawn Doctor
For 40 years, Lawn Doctor has pioneered the nation's lawn care service industry with innovative equipment, scientifically proven fertilization and horticultural methods and personal attention to each customer's lawn through locally owned and operated franchises. Through its comprehensive website, Lawn Doctor is a top resource for lawn care information in the country. For additional care tips or franchise information, call (800) 4-LAWN-DR or visit them online at www.lawndoctor.com and www.lawndoctorfranchise.com.
- Lawn Care And Maintenance Atlanta
- Mowing Services Augusta
- Lawn Care And Maintenance Services Columbus
- Best Lawn Service Company Savannah
- Best Lawn Service Company Athens
- Organic Lawn Service Sandy Springs
- Yard Maintenance Macon
- Grass Cutting Services Roswell
- Best Lawn Care Albany
- Lawn Care Companies Johns Creek
- Lawn Care Service Cost Warner Robins
- Lawn Treatment Service Alpharetta
- Turf Lawn Care Marietta
- Lawn Care Companies Valdosta
- Affordable Lawn Care Smyrna
- Best Lawn Service Company Dunwoody
- Lawn Care Rome
- Lawn Care Services Peachtree City
- Lawn Treatment Service Gainesville
- Lawn Management Company East Point
- Lawn Care Companies Hinesville
- Average Cost Of Lawn Care Dalton
- Natural Lawn Care Services Newnan
- Organic Lawn Service Milton
- Natural Lawn Care Companies Douglasville
- Lawn Care And Maintenance Services Kennesaw
- Lawn Care Services LaGrange
- Lawn Care And Maintenance Services Lawrenceville
- Lawn Care Service Cost Statesboro
- Best Lawn Care Duluth
- Local Lawn Care Services Stockbridge
- Average Cost Of Lawn Care Carrollton
- Lawn Mower Service Woodstock
- Lawn Weed Control Service Griffin
- Organic Lawn Service Canton
- Natural Lawn Care Services McDonough
- Lawn Weed Control Service Acworth
- Lawn Care Services Prices Cartersville
- Natural Lawn Care Services Union City
- Lawn Care And Maintenance Services Decatur
- Best Lawn Care Company Pooler
- Best Lawn Service Company Sugar Hill
- Landscape Design Forest Park
- Organic Lawn Service Thomasville
- Best Lawn Care Service Snellville
- Natural Lawn Care Companies Milledgeville
- Mowing Services St. Marys
- Professional Lawn Care Services Americus
- Organic Lawn Care Companies Tifton
- Lawn Care Companies Dublin
- Yard Maintenance Services Kingsland
- Organic Lawn Care Service Fayetteville
- Mowing Services Calhoun
- Expert Lawn Care Brunswick
- Lawn Care Companies Suwanee
- Lawn Treatment Service Conyers
- Lawn Treatment Companies Riverdale
- Lawn Care Companies Waycross
- Same Day Lawn Service Moultrie
- Best Lawn Care Winder
- Landscaping Services Villa Rica
- Grass Cutting Services College Park
- Lawn Care Companies Powder Springs
- Same Day Lawn Service Perry
- Lawn Cutting Service Monroe
- Organic Lawn Care Service Covington
- Best Lawn Care Fairburn
- Lawn Service Companies Bainbridge
- Home Lawn Care Buford
- Lawn Treatment Companies Lilburn
- Affordable Lawn Care Douglas
- Best Lawn Care Dallas
- Lawn Cutting Service Cusseta
- Yard Maintenance Grovetown
- Average Cost Of Lawn Care Cordele
- Local Lawn Care Services Vidalia
- Lawn Care Companies Loganville
- Natural Lawn Care Companies Brookhaven
- Affordable Lawn Care Mabelton
- Landscaping Services Lithia Springs
- Yard Maintenance Services Tucker
- Landscape Design Chamblee
- Natural Lawn Care Services Barrow County
- Best Lawn Care Company Bartow County
- Affordable Lawn Care Butts County
- Lawn Mower Service Carroll County
- Affordable Lawn Care Cherokee County
- Yard Maintenance Services Clayton County
- Organic Lawn Service Cobb County
- Best Lawn Care Coweta County
- Best Lawn Care Service Dawson County
- Mowing Services DeKalb County
- Yard Maintenance Douglas County
- Turf Lawn Care Fayette County
- Same Day Lawn Service Forsyth County
- Best Lawn Care Company Fulton County
- Natural Lawn Care Services Gwinnett County
- Landscaping Services Hall County
- Landscaping Services Haralson County
- Expert Lawn Care Heard County
- Lawn Care And Maintenance Services Henry County
- Local Lawn Care Services Jasper County
- Lawn Service Companies Lamar County
- Lawn Care And Maintenance Meriwether County
- Lawn Mower Service Morgan County
- Lawn Care Services Prices Newton County
- Organic Lawn Care Companies Paulding County
- Average Cost Of Lawn Care Pickens County
- Best Lawn Care Company Pike County
- Natural Lawn Care Services Rockdale County
- Lawn Service Companies Spalding County
- Lawn Care Services Walton County